At the Star Group, we strive to be the most innovative team in produce with an unwavering commitment to value and taste. The Star Group is an organization comprised of boutique companies that specialize in different sectors of the fresh produce industry: Star Produce Ltd., Star Produce US LP, Consolidated Fruit Packers (CFP) Ltd., Sliced FC, BC Hot House, and Whole Leaf. For more than 25 years we have been supplying the highest quality of fruits and vegetables and searching the globe for Big Taste®.
We currently have an opportunity for a full-time Systems Administrator at our office located in Saskatoon, SK. Star Produce began as a tomato packer in 1989 with a small office located in Saskatoon. Today, we have grown to over 700 employees within Canada. We take fruits and vegetables from seed to shelf by partnering with the best growers from around the world and bringing high quality produce to North America. Star Produce offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Everyday Challenges of this position will be:
• Ensure reliability, performance and integrity in supporting and maintaining The Star Groups data center and end to end infrastructure.
• Provide fast, effective support to staff in all locations across North America.
• Identifying opportunities to improve systems, network, performance and reliability.
• Work with team members to successfully execute infrastructure projects such as: system/server upgrades, backup review, disaster recovery planning.
• Acting as a technical lead for Infrastructure Team projects and initiatives.
• Helping end users become more effective through casual and formal training.
• Holding on-call support responsibilities.
Skills required to succeed in this role:
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems, administration, Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint. Microsoft certification an asset.
• Microsoft Azure experience in supporting cloud based architecture is required.
• Experience and strong technical abilities in managing virtual and physical server environments running server virtualization (VMWare) including configure/deploy/maintain.
• Perform day to day system administration duties including planning, development and implementation of configurations, environment changes and procedures.
• Experience and ownership of backups and disaster recovery
• Maintain patch management for OS, software and firmware.
• Good understanding of LAN/WAN/WLAN technologies, network design and management experience. Cisco experience required.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects on a regular basis.
• Strong Teamwork, Collaboration, Interpersonal and Communication skills required.
Qualifications to apply for this role:
• Graduate from a 2 year minimum post-secondary technology discipline or have equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 5 years of work experience in a technology related position.
• Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, VMWare vSphere and Cisco hardware.
• Cisco CCNA a strong asset.
• Project Management skills.
• Proven troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growing company.
• Strong teamwork skills and commitment to being part of a team dedicated to excellence.
• A passion for growth, personal development, innovation and success.
How to Apply
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start Date: Immediate