At the Star Group, we strive to be the most innovative team in produce with an unwavering commitment to value and taste. The Star Group is an organization comprised of boutique companies that specialize in different sectors of the fresh produce industry: Star Produce, CFP, Sliced FC, BC Hot House, and Whole Leaf. For more than 25 years we have been supplying the highest quality of fruits and vegetables and searching the globe for Big Taste®.
We currently have an opportunity for one full-time Senior Manager Financial Accounting with Star Produce located in our Saskatoon office. Star Produce began as a tomato packer in 1989 with a small office located in Saskatoon. Today, we have grown to over 700 employees within Canada. We take fruits and vegetables from seed to shelf by partnering with the best growers from around the world and bringing high quality produce to North America. Star Produce offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
This role will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
Help lead financial deliverables for all companies within the Star Group.
-Responsible for full cycle accounting for the group of companies
- Financial Statement preparation in accordance with ASPE – Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash -Flow Statement and related note disclosures
- Financial Reporting preparation for both external and internal stakeholders. Variance analysis, data analytics to support business decisions
- Preparation of Finance and Accounting policies in accordance ASPE
- Business Process reengineering to critique and improve existing accounting processes across the group
- Management of taxation filings including liaising with our external tax advisory business partners (Income tax, GST)
- Supporting the development and implementation of full cycle budgeting process for the group
- Internal control process review
- Projections and cash forecasting preparation
- Completion of other responsibilities as assigned
- Develop strong working relationships with Accounting Managers in order to support their deliverables
- Support the implementation of our new ERP system including design testing and post go-live product optimization
- Accounting designation
- 3 years of experience post-qualification
- Accounts Payable function experience of full cycle procure to pay process
- Credit and Collections function experience of full cycle order to cash process
- Financial systems experience – preferable Microsoft Dynamics or other large ERP
- Treasury experience – Cash forecasting, EFT, Wire, EDI processing
- Ability to work in fast paced, deadline orientated environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organization, analytical and problem solving skills with an emphasis on attention to details.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- ERP implementation knowledge
How to Apply
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Wednesday, November 23, 2018
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.