Company: Star Produce
Location: Calgary, Saskatoon, Vancouver
Reporting to: Software Development Manager
At the Star Group, we strive to be the most innovative team in produce with an unwavering commitment to value and taste. The Star Group is an organization comprised of boutique companies that specialize in different sectors of the fresh produce industry: Star Produce, CFP, Sliced FC, BC Hot House, and Whole Leaf. For more than 25 years we have been supplying the highest quality of fruits and vegetables and searching the globe for Big Taste®.
The Software Developer’s primary responsibility is to develop custom solutions for Microsoft D365 for finance and operations. This person will be involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting ERP application software that is delivered on time and within budget. The developer makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. This role is also responsible for maintaining and supporting legacy Business Applications.
Job Context and Accountabilities
General Duties and Expectations
- Engage the project team (Software Development Manager, Business/Systems Analyst, Quality Assurance Analyst, and Software Support Analysts) to design and develop gap/fit solutions for Dynamics 365 and the legacy ERP System.
- Produce technical specifications based on functional design specifications for D365 solutions.
- Perform debugging and unit testing of D365 solutions.
- Package D365 customizations and enhancements into deployment models.
- Maintain Azure DevOps to record issues and resolutions.
- Be informed of Food Safety Initiatives: GS1, GFSI, PTI, and SQF.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Make changes to Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations in Visual Studio 2015+/X++.
- Build operational reports for D365 using SSRS in VS2015+.
- General understanding of Microsoft Lifecycle Services and Azure Cloud Services.
- Perform SQL Server Database programming, VB6/VB.NET/C# programming, Crystal Report changes to the legacy ERP System as necessary.
- Version control all aspects of development using Azure DevOps, SourceSafe, SVN (SubVersion) and Red Gate SQL Source Control.
- Provide second level support for ERP System related issues.
- General understanding of Intermec/Zebra label printers and IPL/ZPL programming.
- Working knowledge of USB Barcode scanners, Zebra Imagers.
- General understanding of network protocols/security.
- Working knowledge of virtual development environments (Cloud VMs, VMWare, Remote Desktop).
- Follow emerging technologies and adopt them to modernize our development environment.
- Follow industry and company standards when writing quality code.
- Conduct product showcases to transfer knowledge to coworkers.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field.
- 3 years or more full lifecycle software development experience.
- Prior Dynamics AX/D365 development experience in X++ will be an asset.
- System integrations using Web Services, oData, SOAP, JSON, SSIS.
- SQL Server Reporting Services Report Building.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding demonstrated educational performance.
- Positive troubleshooting and problem solving mentality with a proactive approach.
- Continuous improvement attitude, keeps up with the latest IT/ D365 technologies.
- A passion for growth, personal development, innovation, and success.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous tasks in various functional areas.
- High energy
- Meticulous nature
- Strong communication
- Core working hours – 7:30am to 4:00pm PST Monday to Friday.
- The Development Team should be available after hours on weekdays and weekends by rotation, to support the first level on-call team when necessary. Work outside ordinary office hours (including weekends and holidays) will be required.
- Hours may be irregular and in excess of 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week.
What We Offer
The successful candidate will be a foundational member of our development team, within our Applications practice and have the opportunity to help shape our approach and direction as well as building high quality innovative solutions to support our Business. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
How to apply
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.