Status: Hourly, Full-time
Company: CFP (Consolidated Fruit Packers) Ltd.
Location: Osoyoos Packing Facilities
Reporting to: Receiving Supervisor
At the Star Group, we strive to be the most innovative team in produce with an unwavering commitment to value and taste. The Star Group is an organization comprised of boutique companies that specialize in different sectors of the fresh produce industry: Star Produce, CFP, Sliced FC, BC Hot House, and Whole Leaf. For more than 25 years we have been supplying the highest quality of fruits and vegetables and searching the globe for Big Taste®.
CFP’s Osoyoos packing facilities receive fruit (including cherries, stone fruit, pears, and apples) in bulk from Okanagan-based growers and sort it for quality and size before packaging it for shipment to our domestic and international customers. Ensuring customer specifications are adhered to is an important part of ensuring the quality of produce for our customers.
Job Context and Accountabilities
• Improve productivity and efficiency by acting as a floater on the production line, performing packer, sorter, and/or box filler tasks as needed
• Ensure fruit is packed to required quality and food safety specifications by performing quality control checks at regular intervals on the packing line and on packed product, completing all related documentation
• Ensure compliance with customer specifications and standards regarding packaging and quality • Operate equipment to analyze fruit for export, including brix apparatus, pressure tester, Durafil, and Firm tech
• Maintain a healthy and safe work environment by:
• Assist Receiving Supervisor in assessing incoming fruit for quality as needed
• Assist with product inspections at shipping point
• Participate in inventory counts when needed
• Report any maintenance and safety issues to Production Line Supervisor
• Completion of other responsibilities as assigned
• Attention to Detail
• Quality Orientation
• Safety Awareness
• Communication (verbal, written, listening)
• Ability to learn MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and in-house software programs (including Sky and Aurora)
• Supervisory and training skills are assets
• Forklift certification is an asset
• First Aid training is an asset
• Previous agriculture and/or packing facility experience is an asset
Work is conducted indoors and outdoors at a fruit processing plant environment and can be subject to extreme temperature conditions. This position required to work on weekends. Positions are seasonal, with limited days off and extended hours as necessary through peak months (i.e. June through October).
• Prolonged periods of standing
• Ability to quickly grasp, manipulate, move, and assemble objects
• Frequent walking, including climbing stairs
• Occasional climbing on and off of forklift, including ability to quickly grasp, manipulate, and move levers, foot pedals, and steering wheel knobs
• Frequent lifting and carrying of up to 25 kilograms (50 pounds)
• Occasional handling and use of cleaning tools
How to apply
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.