At the Star Group, we strive to be the most innovative team in produce with an unwavering commitment to value and taste. The Star Group is an organization comprised of boutique companies that specialize in different sectors of the fresh produce industry: Star Produce Ltd., Star Produce US LP, Consolidated Fruit Packers (CFP) Ltd., Sliced FC, BC Hot House, and Whole Leaf. For more than 25 years we have been supplying the highest quality of fruits and vegetables and searching the globe for Big Taste®.
We currently have an opportunity for a full-time (temporary one year–maternity leave) Logistics Coordinator located in our Calgary, AB Office. This position will need to be able to travel and be onsite for 6-8 weeks over the summer months in Kelowna, BC (Accommodations provided). Position would commence May 1st.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for Full Cycle Logistics on all shipments.
• Communication with growers/shippers
• Booking phytosanitary inspections with CFIA
• Bookings – Air, Ocean, Truck & Rail
• Management of all documentation
• Keeping up to date on freight rates as they change throughout the year
• Track all loads to ensure on time arrivals, trouble shoot potential problems or delays
• Grower payments
• Freight invoice approval
• Carrier development and claims negotiation
• Communication with buyers, sales and inventory teams
Qualifications & Skills
• 3-5 years customer service experience and/or logistics experience
• Ocean/Air shipping experience would be an asset
• Working knowledge of customs requirements and compliance
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office and database programs)
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and service providers
• Demonstrate ability to plan workflow in order to effectively and efficiently prioritize competing tasks under tight deadlines
• Ability to be adaptable and problem solve in new and changing situations
How to Apply
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.