Intermediate Accounting Clerk
At the Star Group, we strive to be the most innovative team in produce with an unwavering commitment to value and taste. The Star Group is an organization comprised of boutique companies that specialize in different sectors of the fresh produce industry: Star Produce Ltd., Star Produce US LP, Consolidated Fruit Packers (CFP) Ltd., Sliced FC, BC Hot House, and Whole Leaf. For more than 25 years we have been supplying the highest quality of fruits and vegetables and searching the globe for Big Taste®.
We currently have an opportunity for one full-time Intermediate Accounting Clerk with Star Produce located in our Saskatoon office. Star Produce began as a tomato packer in 1989 with a small office located in Saskatoon. Today, we have grown to over 700 employees within Canada. We take fruits and vegetables from seed to shelf by partnering with the best growers from around the world and bringing high quality produce to North America. Star Produce offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
This role will report to the Senior Finance Manager.
Support financial deliverables for all companies within the Star Group.
• Support month end processes with respect to AP, AR, GL and bank reconciliation processes
• Intercompany analysis and reporting
• Grower accounting with respect to AP, contract management, master data maintenance and month end processes
• Taxation and regulatory filings in Canada and the US(GST, state and provincial tax authorities)
• Completion of other responsibilities as assigned
• Develop strong working relationships with Finance Managers in order to support their deliverables
• Support the implementation of our new Microsoft Dynamics ERP system including design, testing and post go-live product optimization
• Post-secondary diploma or certificate from an accounting program
• Three to five years of experience
• Combination of education and experience will be considered
• Accounts Payable function experience of full cycle procure to pay process
• Credit and Collections function experience of full cycle order to cash process
• Financial systems experience, preferably Microsoft Dynamics or other large ERP
• Ability to work in fast paced, deadline orientated environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong organization, analytical and problem solving skills with an emphasis on attention to details
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel) and ability to learn in-house software programs
• High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
• Planning and Organizing
• Problem Solving
How to Apply
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.