Accounts Receivable Clerk
At the Star Group, we strive to be the most innovative team in produce with an unwavering commitment to value and taste. The Star Group is an organization comprised of boutique companies that specialize in different sectors of the fresh produce industry: Star Produce Ltd., Star Produce US LP, Consolidated Fruit Packers (CFP) Ltd., Sliced FC, BC Hot House, and Whole Leaf. For more than 25 years we have been supplying the highest quality of fruits and vegetables and searching the globe for Big Taste®.
We currently have an opportunity for one full-time Accounts Receivable Clerk with Star Produce located in our Saskatoon office. Star Produce began as a tomato packer in 1989 with a small office located in Saskatoon. Today, we have grown to over 700 employees within Canada. We take fruits and vegetables from seed to shelf by partnering with the best growers from around the world and bringing high quality produce to North America. Star Produce offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
This role will report to the AR Accounting Manager
The main role of this position is to assist with all aspects of accounts receivable.
Assist with the following:
• Invoicing, credit notes, and cash application
• Balancing cash and pending credits for month end
• Weekly receivables aging lists
• Customer rebate verification and payouts
• Clerical duties using word and excel
• Maintaining some filing and record systems
• Booking couriers
• Respond to customer inquiries and maintain good customer relations
• Calling on overdue customer accounts
• Credit investigation on new customers
• Post-secondary diploma or certificate from an accounting program
• One to three years of experience
• Combination of education and experience will be considered
• Experience with Sage or Microsoft Dynamics 365 an asset
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ability to learn in-house software programs
• High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
• Attention to Detail
• Planning and Organizing
• Problem Solving
• Time Management
How to Apply
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.